“Chia seeds make great desserts and are high in omega-3s. This recipe is a healthy alternative to processed desserts. It uses agave (or stevia if you prefer) as a sweetener instead of sugar. Stir again before serving and top with fresh fruit and another dash of cinnamon or spices.
- 1/2 cups chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, or more to taste or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries (optional)
PREP TIME : 10 MIN
READY IN : 30 MIN
First Place chia seeds in a bowl.
- Whisk coconut milk, unsweetened coconut milk, agave nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl; pour over chia seeds and stir well. Allow coconut milk-chia seed mixture to soak until thickened, at least 20 minutes, or cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir pudding and top with strawberries (optional)
Ready to enjoy!